Getting a new business started online is really simple when you have a good guide. Here's our 10 recommended steps in order of their value to your business. So, start at the top and work your way down as you have time to invest.
- Setup a Google My Business profile
- Create a Facebook page, fill it out, verify it, start posting
- Claim or create the Yelp profile and fill it in
- Buy a simple domain, create a simple website using a single-page design and write a little content. GoDaddy is a good route to go at the start since there is plenty of room to grow. Wix or Squarespace are okay too.
- Add some stock photos from Unsplash or Pixabay
- Get an 8xx number from Phone.com, route it to your mobile, and post it on the website
- Work with a designer to create a logo for the business... Upwork or Freelancer.com are good for this
- Create a Facebook Business Account that owns the page and add the Facebook Pixel to the website
- Create a Google Analytics account and install the audience pixel to the website
- Start asking satisfied customers for reviews on Google and Facebook
If you need help, get stuck, or want to tailor this to your own business sign up for an account and jump over to the AssetLab Academy Facebook group to let us know what you're thinking.