How To Make A Facebook Review Direct Link
When you have satisfied a customer with your service or products it is extremely helpful for your business to ask that customer for a review. These days there are many websites that collect and display reviews of your business. Generally the best way to figure out which ones are most important is to simple search for your business name. Generally, you will see Facebook on the first page of Google and that is because people trust the reviews on Facebook. So, asking people to review you on Facebook is a natural thing to do...
When you make that ask it is often very helpful for the customer to have a link they can click on to be taken straight to the Facebook page where they enter their review. This makes their experience easier and anything you can do to make it easier is good... you'll get more reviews the easier it is.
How To Create A Direct Facebook Review Link
The first thing to do is to make sure reviews are turned on for the Facebook Page that goes with your business.
- Go to the Facebook Page
- Click on Settings
- Under settings click "Edit" next to "Reviews"
- Edit the option to "Allow reviews"
- Click Save to capture your changes
Now it is time to create the link:
- Navigate to your Facebook Page and copy the URL
- Now add "/reviews/" without the quotes to the link
Here's an example
Academy Movers Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Academy-Movers-132416967360772
The direct review link: https://www.facebook.com/Academy-Movers-132416967360772/reviews
Shortening the Review Link
Since these Facebook review links are rather long they are a little unfriendly. To make something easier to paste in to email or send in a text follow these instructions.
Example long URL: https://www.facebook.com/Academy-Movers-132416967360772/reviews
Example short URL: https://goo.gl/kJa2dz
- Go to http://goo.gl
- Enter the long URL and click "Shorten URL"
- Copy the short URL you are presented
- Use the short URL instead of the long URL
Creating A QR Code That Phones Can Scan
Another alternative for using your full length URL and passing that around is to create a QR code that people can scan with their mobile phones or tablet to be taken straight to the review page. You can do this with any URL, but we recommend shortening the URL with http://Goo.gl first to make the image easier to read for phones.
Warning: This section links to a website that makes money by selling you stuff with your QR code on it... just don't buy anything
- Follow the instructions to shorten the review link
- Go to http://goqr.me/
- Enter the shortened URL in the "Contents" box
- To the right, click "Download"
- If you want a larger image than is displayed, drag the slider to a larger size
- Now click on PNG or JPEG to download an image in that format
- Use the QR code on marketing material or place it on a piece of paper at your register that people can use
For more tips on creating and using your direct review link join AssetLab Academy... It's Free!