WP-Engine is the world leader in hosting WordPress websites. By world leader I mean: they have the best infrastructure, an extremely simple management website, and run an incredible number of WordPress websites. If you'be been using a budget hosting company you will be very impressed with support and with the speed of the websites you run on WP-Engine.
Creating an account with WP-Engine is very straight forward:
- Go to the WP-Engine 20% off signup page: http://WPEngine.com/SAVE20
Note: This is an affiliate link and we at AssetLab Academy get a commission when you sign up for an account. Don't be concerned though, we use WP-Engine for all our important websites because it is far superior. This is why we recommend WP-Engine to all our clients.
- Choose the billing cycle you prefer
- Enter your contact information
- Choose the United States data center unless specifically directed otherwise
- Select the highest PHP Version available
- Enter the billing information for the account
- Click the "Create my site" button
If you want to create a website straight away then you can follow the instructions to do so. If you're working with a Pro then the best course is to skip setting up a new website and proceed to give the Pro access to your account.
How to grant access to a WP-Engine account for a Pro:
- Sign in to your account by visiting: https://my.wpengine.com
- Select "Users" from the top menu
- Click on the "Add user" button
- Enter the name, email, and access level for the person you are adding
Owner - This is for creating a new account owner, and probably not what you want to do...
Full (No Billing) - This user has full control over all technical aspects of the account except payment and billing
Full (With Billing) - This user is just like the account owner in their abilities
You can also grant access to specific WordPress installs here if that is the goal...Note: If you're working with AssetLab select "Full (With Billing)". This allows for transfer-in of websites. Once we handle the transfer we will downgrade to "Full (No Billing)"
- Click "Create user"
- The new user will now get an email with sign-in instructions
You're all set at this point. You've created an account and you have granted access to someone else to help manage the account.