When you first start your online business there is time for everything. To create content, to check the analytics, to do SEO, to communicate with your visitors and to think about the future of your business. As you progress up on the way to success you realize that you start to get too busy with a lot more demands and tasks to worry about. At this point you should start delegating some of the tasks to your employees.
What permissions can be assigned to a another user?
There are two sets of permissions:
- First you can choose whether you want to add a user at the Account level, Property level or View level. If you add a user at the Account level then they will have access to all the properties in your account (All websites, pages, apps that you have set Google Analytics for). Property level gives the user permissions to only the property you chose. In the end the View level is self explanatory.
- Second thing you can chose is the permissions of the use at the selected level:
1. Manage Users: Can manage account users (add/delete users, assign permissions). Does not include Edit or Collaborate.
2. Edit: Can perform administrative and report-related functions (e.g., add/edit/delete accounts, properties, views, filters, goals, etc., but not manage users), and see report data.
Edit permission is required at the account level to create filters. Edit permission is required at the view level to apply filters.
3. Collaborate: Can create personal assets, and share them. Can collaborate on shared assets, for example, edit a dashboard or annotation. Includes Read & Analyze.
4. Read & Analyze: Can see report and configuration data; can manipulate data within reports (e.g., filter a table, add a secondary dimension, create a segment); can create personal assets, and share them, and see shared assets. Cannot collaborate on shared assets.
How can I add a user?
You can add as many users as you need. To add a new user to an account/property/view:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
- In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property) click User Management.
- Under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user's Google Account.
- Select the all permissions to allow Admin rights to the new user
- Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you're adding.
- Click Add.
How can I delete a user?
Although you can add users at any level in the account hierarchy, you can delete users only at the account level.
To delete a user:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account.
- In the ACCOUNT column, click User Management. Note: Be sure that you click User Management in the ACCOUNT column (left-most column). If you click User Management in the PROPERTY or VIEW columns, you will not see a delete option for the user(s).
- Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user you want. Enter a full or partial address( e.g., [email protected] or janedoe).
- Click delete for the user you want to delete.
Note: delete appears at the right end of the row for each user. If you don't see delete, you are in User Management at the property or view level. To delete a user, you must be in User Management at the account level.
- Click Delete user.